Saturday, November 19, 2011

Recent Events and Status Update **Edit-12/15/11



I apologize for my haphazard updating of late. It's combination of being busy combined with me being a bit selfish. I've been having a blast writing rough drafts for a bunch of short stories, but I've neglected to do the hard part—editing.

In the last few weeks I've written (most of) the rough drafts for stories where:

A man with OCD discovers (and badly irritates) a mystical being.

A man is possessed by a female ghost. She plans to make him kiss a woman so that she can transfer into a female body. His almost-boyfriend isn't pleased.

An adventurer tries to save a town that doesn't need to be saved.

The Agents of Holiday Cheer compete with the Agents of Holiday Woe at an airport.

Chapter 10 of Unwholesome Things

Some (probably dreadful) fan fiction for Supernatural


I apologize for being a bit lazy and just doing the fun part (writing the rough draft) and avoiding all the work (everything after that). I plan to spend a lot of time this weekend doing as much editing as possible. I'm also participating in the GISHWHES event and am in the final stretch of a college semester, so that has impacted progress as well.

I send all my love to anyone that checks on this blog. I hope to continually work on being a better writer and to be able to have many good things to share in the (near) future.





******* 12/15/2011 - Edited to add: ********


My vanishing act was longer than anticipated. I had a very difficult time with my biology class. For someone who loves words as much as I do, I didn't expect to struggle so much with remembering all the terminology. I think I actually have a mental block regarding meiosis and mitosis. I will never be able to memorize all the phases. Ever. I have spent all of my mental energy for the last few weeks simply tying not to fail the class.


The semester is over now; my final exam was yesterday. Hopefully I scraped by with a B, but biology will almost certainly be the death of my 4.0 =[   


I apologize again for not updating. I hate not following through on goals I've set. I have a month off from school and I will do my best to make up for it.


I expect to post these within the next week:


1. The Agents of Holiday Cheer compete with the Agents of Holiday Woe at an airport. 

2. Chapter 10 of Unwholesome Things


Sorry again about the delay! Thank you for being patient with me =]

13 comments:

  1. Editing is a tough process and totally understandable that you might need to take some extra time to get stuff up! I'm also in university, and the fact that you find time to write at all boggles my mind =P Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all these stories sound great! Thank you for all your hard work. I hope to see the final drafts soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with previous comments. The stories sound great and I'm amazed you find time to write (and write well) while being a full time student. I love the idea of the holiday cheer/woe story. In my mind it conjures up a sort of supernatural Die Hard 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love reading whatever you write. Having started a story this time last year and never finishing it I really appreciate your hard work and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Unknown, I'd like to read whatever you have. The editing doesn't have to be perfect. I enjoy your stories and am looking forward to your next update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been coming to this site at least three times a week for over a month now....:) Please update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really about to cry where are yooouuuu??????
    (tears).....(more tears)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update =[

    I love to write and it means so much to me that there are others out there that actually enjoy the stories I come up with.

    Thank you so much for your comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I've been dying for updates - your stories are my break time reads, for when studying overloads my brain. I, too, have been writing my end term exams, so I understand and sympathize. Hopefully your updates will be out by the time I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I love your stories. You should always put your schoolwork first. I do check your page often, but I will be patient. I hope you did well on your exams and I am looking forward to reading a new story when time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your studies! I hope there's a story by Christmas, but we'll understand if you're busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be posting the holiday cheer story later today (after I sleep). It's the middle of the night here and I'm too tired to trust the final tweaking I did to it.

    Thank you all for your patience and encouragement =D

    I got a B in my biology class, so I did manage to survive it =]

    ReplyDelete

Liked it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to read your comment. Thank you!